10 Quotes on How the Gospel Creates a Sending Culture in the Church
Dr. JD Greear pastors the Summit Church in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina. Tagged by Outreach magazine as one of the fastest-growing churches in America, the Summit has grown in the past eight years from 400 to over 4,500 in attendance each Sunday. The Summit Church is deeply involved in global church planting, having undertaken the mission to planting 1,000 churches out of its congregation in the next 40 years.
- If your church died will the people in your community weep?
- Do what you do well for the glory of God and do it somewhere strategic for the mission of God.
- Church growth is not nearly as important as growing the people inside of the church.
- It is not a matter of if God’s calling you. It is a matter of what God’s calling you to.
- The church should not be about surrounding “A” leader. The church should be a leadership factory.
- Churches are growing by fighting over larger pieces of a shrinking pie (Christians). We need to grow the pie.
- At your church, the week is more important than the weekend. Empower people and send them out for the week.
- Give away your money and God multiplies it. Give away and send out leaders and God will multiply leaders.
- The motivation for mission comes from the Gospel.
- Jesus can do more with five loaves of bread and two fish in five minutes than Bill Gates can do in a lifetime.