Want to Be Successful?
I often ask myself, “How is that person successful?”
Through my experiences and learnings, I believe these are 5 Keys to Being Successful -
1. Work to please God, not man.
- Nobody likes a “kiss up” or a “brown noser” anyway. Do point #2 instead.
2. Sacrificially serve others.
- Last week I was on the campus of a very successful church led by a successful Senior Pastor. They are cleaning their office portables to save money. As I walked out of the Senior Pastors office portable, I noticed a sign stating, “Office Portable Cleaned by ___________ This Week.” That blank was filled in with the Senior Pastor name.
- Roll up your sleeves and start serving people. And stop asking the question, “If I am serving everybody, who will serve me?”
3. Present solutions, not problems.
- Without a doubt, successful people do not complain or blame. Success comes when the amount of solutions you present trump the amount of problems you bring.
4. Be smart and work hard.
- Successful people are inherently smart. Not the SAT or IQ smart necessarily. But the “wise-kind-of” smart. They simply make good decisions.
- Secondly, they work their “tales off.”
5. Be a continual leader.
- Every successful person I know is an avid researcher and reader.
- Readers are leaders. Learners are leaders.
What common traits do you see in successful people?