Video Interview – Phil Bowdle on Church Communication Challenges
Phil Bowdle – Communications Director
Phil is the Communications Director at West Ridge Church in Atlanta, GA. He is passionate about creating high-impact experiences through communications that lead people to Jesus Christ.
Video Notes -
Question - What is the greatest challenge you face as a church communications leader?
- The ability to find clarity and simplicity in the chaos. Repeat messages.
- Identifying the “barriers” keeping people from connecting with church, events and ministries.
Question - How do you manage the daily madness of church communications?
- Create a great systems for staff to use in submitting information.
- Link on website to submit project requests.
- Develop one way to gather project information.
Question - What ways do you “lead up” to other senior leaders?
- Remove the attitude of “entitlement”.
- Be humble and learn from senior leaders.
- Present solutions to problems.
Question - What one piece of advice would you give a church communications leader?
- Removing the clutter of communications and clearly communicate the story of your church.
- Be active in finding and sharing stories.