[Infographic] How the World Spends Its Time Online
The world lives online. The average American spends more than 60 hours a month online. If you were to put those hours back-to-back, you’d be surfing the web for a whole month.
Question: Why should the church care?
- The Internet is controlling people.
- Online Pornography (Adult and Child)
- Emotional Affairs
- Distracting – Try and put your phone down for more than 30 minutes.
- The Internet is not going away.
- The Internet is a mission field.
- The Internet is not good or evil. It is how we use the Internet that determines whether it is good or evil.
This infographic is both startling and exciting. We (the Church) have an unprecedented opportunity to view the Internet as mission field. We can redeem the Internet with proper strategy and execution.
How does your church use the Internet for good?