General Colin Powell’s Leadership Rules
General Colin Powell is an exceptional leader. I am a fan of General Powell and enjoyed his presentation at Willow Creek Leadership Summit a couple of years back. I am a far better leader because of his leadership thoughts. One of my favorite pieces of content from General Powell is his list of Leadership Rules. Below you will find 13 great rules to follow as a leader.
1. It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
Which leadership rule is your favorite? Leave a comment below.