charity: water Learnings
Scott Harrison is CEO of charity: water. charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to developing nations. So far, charity: water has helped ONE MILLION people gain access to clean drinking water. How did this happen? I heard Scott teach on his Big Ideas and Strategy at Catalyst Dallas. Here is how it happened.
3 Big Initial Ideas
- 100% donations from public go directly to water development work
- Use technology to prove work with pictures and GPS coordinates loaded to Google Earth
- Create an epic brand that rivals the likes of Nike and Apple
- Admit and communicate failure
- Get a mean coach
- Marry the brand
- Don’t run out of money
- Find your big idea
- Wasn’t our story. It was their story. We gave it away.
- Think big and then execute.
He concluded with this quote – “If not us, who? If not now, when?” I have attended several learning conferences and listened to many effective and inspring people. Out of all the talks, I have never been more inspired to think BIG. I resonated with all of my heart on the strategy point of thinking big and then execute.
What is your BIG idea/dream? How will you execute?