January is the ideal time to cast and celebrate church vision. People are excited and hungry for change. New Year resolutions fill the minds of every person. Use this time to engage, capture and inspire people with your vision.
Tips on Celebrating Vision
Have a Celebration Sunday
- Capture and communicate life-change stories from stage. Use videos, live testimonies and other vehicles to tell stories. People love and connect with inspiring and relevant stories.
- Generate excitement by changing the atmosphere of the general entry area.
- Entertain the thought of having a church-wide gathering after service. Food, fun and fellowship event.
- Communicate Celebration Sunday in Christmas services.
Acknowledge Ministry Partners (Volunteers)
- Have every partner surround the stage. Celebrate their service with proper recognition and a commissioning prayer. Use this time to recruit new ministry partners with a call to action.
Communicate in Multiple Ways
- Celebrate the vision through your communication channels. Use Facebook, email, web site, videos, etc. Give your vision the opportunity to spread.
Tips on Casting Vision
- State vision clearly and convincingly. People should walk away with the ability to restate and own the vision.
- Communicate church alignment. Speak to the ways programs, staffing and budget are aligned to accomplish the vision.
- Provide action steps. Provide people ways to live out the vision in their everyday lives.
Do not miss the golden opportunity of capturing people with your vision.
How is your church celebrating and casting vision in the New Year? What did you like about the tips? Do you have any tips to add?