Interview with Jonathan Pearson on Church Communication Challenges
Jonathan Pearson – Communications and Online Pastor
Jonathan is a millennial determined to leave the world in better shape than he found it. He is the Communications and Online Campus Pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in South Carolina. Also, Jonathan is the co-creator of Millennial Leader, an online community for young leaders.
Blog | Twitter
Video Notes -
How do you maximize your church communications with a limited budget?
- Maximizing and using free resources.
- Know your culture and use free resources to connect with the audience.
- Focus on what works and what you do best.
What is the greatest challenge you face as a church communications leader?
- Helping people realize their “ministry” is not the only “ministry”.
- Remember – If you communicate everything, you communicate nothing.
- Primary role in Church Communications is to communicate the vision of church.
How do you develop a holistic church communications strategy?
- Three Terms of Communications Strategy – Know Culture, Context, Consistency.
What one piece of advice would you give a church communications leader?
- Clarity trumps wittiness. Be clear on what you are communicating.
- People respond to a clear message.
What part of video was most helpful to you?