Interview – Steve Fogg on Strategy, Branding and Social Media
Steve Fogg – Communications Director
Steve is the Communications Director at Crossway Church in Australia. He provides readers quality content on Church Communications each week via his blog. Steve is passionate about helping churches communicate clearly and simply.
Note: Make sure to catch a surprise addition to video at 14:01.
Video Notes -
- Executing before strategy is developed.
- Start with the “why” before moving the “what” and “how”.
- A communications strategy creates margin for creativity and flexibility.
- Everything communicates something.
- Brand Guidelines are great but the best way to protect your brand is through conversations with your church and staff.
- The people of your staff and church is your brand.
- Stop and “think” what parts of the strategy needs to be communicated to other stakeholders.
- Articulate and share the communications strategy with other staff members to receive input.
- Identify the Why, How, What and When within communications strategy.
- Spend time conversing with other staff members to gain other insights.
- Ensure your church is active in social media.
- Train senior leaders on the benefits of using social media.
What part of video was most helpful?