How to Create a Holistic Communications Strategy and More
Brian Kaufman – Tipping Media
Brian is the Founder of Tipping Media. Tipping Media is a web strategy and design group working with churches around the nation. He is on the cutting-edge of web strategy and design. The video below will help you as Church Communications leaders with content creation, communications strategy, social media and mobile communications.
Video Notes -
Question: What are best practices to develop content?
- Social media is not hard. You are already doing social media in a physical way.
- Communicate who you are as a church on social media.
- Use questions about most recent sermons, simple videos from pastors, etc.
- Content creation is natural.
Question: What advice would you give a Church Communications leader when convincing pastors to use social media?
- Social media gives pastors a new and different way to connect with people beyond Sunday mornings.
- Social media gives pastors the platform to be authentic and relational.
- Social media is a way for you to be personal to your church on a more regular basis.
Question: How do you create a holistic communications strategy?
- Start with vision. Vision first. Strategy first.
- Communication strategies must align with vision.
- Get the right people in the room when developing communications strategy (Senior Pastor, Leaders, Etc.).
- Developing a communications strategy without identifying your vision is a waste of time.
- Identify your audience and their “pain” points.
- Communicate your vision through strategic channels to your audience.
- Communications strategy must include Next Steps. What is the one thing you are asking people to do with a communication strategy?
Question: What ways can churches use mobile communications to engage their audience?
- Every page on your website does not need to be responsive to mobile devices.
How does your church develop content? What steps did you take in creating a communications strategy?